Monday, May 26, 2008

Phoenix Or Bust 2008

Hello everyone!

I am back from my trip! I traveled all over the Southwest with Mommy and Daddy and we had the BEST time. Unfortunately, I thought waking up at 4am was THE thing to do the whole trip, but oh well, nobody's perfect.

We started out at Great Sand Dunes National Park near Alamosa. I have never seen such high sand dunes. It was so windy and I had sand in my nose, mouth, ears, hair, socks, clothes, and even my diaper. Mommy had to give me a washdown in the bathroom. While we were there, Mommy also managed to forget one of my bottles! Now that we use BPA-free plastic, my bottles are like $10 a piece. Mommy was bummed.

Then we drove to Alamosa and saw Daddy's old school, Adams State College. And then drove on past Durango and spent the night in Cortez, CO. That night in the Days Inn, I crawled forward for the first time! Hooray!

Then, the next day we went to the Four Corners Monument. This is the only place in the United States where four states meet, and I sat my squishy butt in all four of them at the same time! There were lots of scary looking motorcycle men there when I was, and you should have seen them melt over me!!! They laughed and cooed at me and took my picture! It was so funny!

Then we drove on to the Grand Canyon. On the way, we drove through part of Monument Valley. It was so beautiful! Once we got to the Grand Canyon, we checked into our lodge and then went to check it out. That canyon is DEEP! Mommy had me strapped tightly into my Baby Bjorn so there was no risk of falling! Mommy is very scared of heights so she tends to freak about stuff like that.

The next morning, we woke up at 4am (of course) and took a sunrise tour of the Grand Canyon. We got to go to some lookout points that are closed to the general public and there were only 8 people on the tour, so we were pretty much all alone! The Grand Canyon is so wonderful at sunrise, and being able to enjoy it in solitude was even better! We had a great guide that showed us all kinds of fun things.

Then we were off to Phoenix! We drove through Flagstaff and had lunch in Sedona, and then when we got to Phoenix we went straight to see Lace, Kyle and baby Avery. Avery is one of my several girlfriends (I like to play the field) and it was so nice to hang out with her. Then we went over to Brandon and Amy's house and I got to meet Maxx! Maxx is a ball of energy and kept me on my toes! We call him Tyrannosaurus Maxx (or T-Maxx for short) because he likes to growl like a dinosaur!

We did all sorts of fun things in Phoenix. I went swimming for the first time! Amy has those pictures so when she sends them to Mommy, she'll post them. In Phoenix, we also picked up Daddy's new Viper! I think he might love that car almost as much as me....almost.

We were so sad to leave Phoenix but all good things must come to an end. On the way home, it snowed on us in Flagstaff! Oh, also on the way home, we stopped to see the largest meteor crater in the US! One funny thing about the bottom picture...you can't go down to the bottom of the meteor crater because it's a scientific study site, but they have this little background in the visitor's center where you can take your picture like you're at the bottom. So of course, we had to do it!!!

And that concludes this recounting of my travels. My Lilliputian self was very tired by the time we got home. And thankfully, I seem to be back on my sleeping schedule, so Mommy and Daddy are recovering a little bit too! Here's some pictures!












2 comments:

lsmith2867 said...

Sounds like fun!!

When are y'all coming to Dallas?

Mr. B's Mommy said...

Hey Tyler! It's your baby buddy Beckett. Looks like you had a great time on vacation. My mom would have had me in the Baby Bjorn also at the Grand Canyon. She's also not a fan of heights. Talk to you later!